My Sis and I

My Sis and I
Summer on Alpena Street
One of my favorite sayings from the show Emily Owens, MD

"We make all these plans of how things will turn out; but life happens, plans change, so we adapt. We draw on strength we didn't know we had; we give up any illusions of control, and we deal head on with problems that come our way."




Tuesday, November 19, 2013

THE MUSIC OF WINTER



Winter….it can be a harsh season of blizzards, dreary skies, leafless trees and brown grass.  But winter is so important.  If the grass didn’t freeze, if the trees didn’t shed, if the flowers didn’t fade, we wouldn’t have such rich foliage and vibrant growth when Spring arrives. Winter is a time to anticipate Spring.

The same is true with the Winter in our life as a Christ follower.  During these times it can be a time when we become more focused, when our priorities become clearer, when we evaluate our situations and come to terms with some things realizing that God needs to be at the center of everything. It's a time when we can anticipate what God can and will do, a time for Hope to arise, which is the Music of Winter - Hope.

Psalm 42:11 expresses it so well, "why are you in despair O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me?  Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God."


Hope, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary means, "to desire with expectation of obtainment."

If the season of your soul is Winter, look with expectant anticipation to what God can do during this time and.....


            LET THE SONG OF HOPE BEGIN TO SING OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment