My Sis and I

My Sis and I
Summer on Alpena Street
One of my favorite sayings from the show Emily Owens, MD

"We make all these plans of how things will turn out; but life happens, plans change, so we adapt. We draw on strength we didn't know we had; we give up any illusions of control, and we deal head on with problems that come our way."




Saturday, January 4, 2014

MOVING FORWARD

I love the song by Rick Sanchez "Moving Forward". It speaks volumes to my soul. The chorus is this:

I'm not going back.  I'm moving ahead.  I'm hear to declare to you my past is over.  In You, all things are made new.  I've surrendered my life to Christ, and I'm moving, moving forward.

I'm looking forward to 2014 with great anticipation, eagerness if you will, to what God will do.  I have hopes, dreams, resolutions/committments and steps to take this year to continue to move me forward.

What Hopes Do I Have?

  • I have a hope that this year God will provide a job for me to continue my medical transcription at home.
  • Hope that my spiritual life with flourish this year.
  • Hope that I will finish the book of "Faith Stories" I've started.
  • Hope of revival in my family and church.
What Dreams Do I Have?
  • My dream is to write devotionals to be published in book form.
  • I dream of one day traveling to England.  I've dreamed of doing this for many years.
  • I dream of living some place warmer.  This is a very selfish dream I know.
  • I dream of helping single moms who need someone to support and care about them.  My oldest daughter is a single mom, so I get it.  
What Resolutions/Committments Do I Have?
  • To pray.
  • To worship.
  • To read God's word.
  • To cultivate a heart of thankfulness.
  • To be a more intentional Christ follower.
  • To listen more and talk less.
  • To pay attention to others.
What Steps Will I Take?
  • Online Bible studies as well as my own continued devotional time with prayer.
  • Sending encouragement cards.
  • Making phone calls to those the Holy Spirit places on my heart.
  • Inviting women into my home for fellowship.
  • Having some "chair time" with God where I listen and He talks.
  • Continuing to write every day.
My goal this year is less of me and more of God.

3 comments:

  1. love how you have broken things down to very specific areas - May God bless your endeavors this year as you walk with Him! ~ Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, Thank you for sharing your hopes, dreams, resolutions and steps. I have been praying for you since I read about how new technology has impacted your career as a medical transcriptionist (I was a transcriptionist myself when I was a single mom for a time). I will continue to pray for the Lord to make a way and provide you with exciting opportunities. Thanks for sharing today! God be with you! - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helpful post and one to springboard from for our own New Year. I am ready for the trip to England whenever you are : )) Can't wait to read your book one day soon!

    ReplyDelete