My Sis and I

My Sis and I
Summer on Alpena Street
One of my favorite sayings from the show Emily Owens, MD

"We make all these plans of how things will turn out; but life happens, plans change, so we adapt. We draw on strength we didn't know we had; we give up any illusions of control, and we deal head on with problems that come our way."




Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Community......


Guest post from my friend Sara Chambers "Healthiest Mama" Facebook Page.  Thank you Sara for allowing me to share this today.

Community:: a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

Ecclesiastes 4:10-12 "If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble...A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Being in close relationship with fellow believers often brings the best of times and the worst of times. They encourage us & sometimes they burn us and still we are asked by God to “make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit.” (Eph 4:3) Why does God want this?

First of all it’s for His glory to have a Bride unified as one before Him, pure and spotless, redeemed. But also, it’s for us. Because we need it. Because we will be required to lay down our flesh over and over, to fight fear, take huge leaps of faith and follow Jesus wherever He takes us. We need people beside us saying “keep going” “you’re doing great” “be encouraged” “God will be faithful” “I’m right there with you” “you can cry with me” “I will fight for you”. It’s just not healthy to go it alone. It’s not how we were created to function.

After 14 years in ministry I (Sara) have had my share of ups and downs, but I firmly believe that one of the greatest acts of spiritual warfare is to love. Especially when it’s exactly opposite of how you want to respond. When you love, you cast a judgement on the darkness and declare that you belong to the Kingdom of light and that you, were made for more. “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another” John 13:35.

There are people out there struggling and they need you. They need you to meet them where they’re at, face to face. They need your listening ear, your empathy and your encouragement. They need your smile and the life that you carry inside of you. They need your accountability and your presence. Hebrews 3:13 says,“But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called ‘Today,’ SO THAT none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”

Get in community. Don’t let your wounds keep you away. God uses people to make us holy.

Prayer: God you have designed me to need and be needed by others. Help me be a light in the darkness. Heal my offenses and my wounds. Help me to love like You love.

No comments:

Post a Comment