My Sis and I

My Sis and I
Summer on Alpena Street
One of my favorite sayings from the show Emily Owens, MD

"We make all these plans of how things will turn out; but life happens, plans change, so we adapt. We draw on strength we didn't know we had; we give up any illusions of control, and we deal head on with problems that come our way."




Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Aunt's Story.....

When I walked down the church aisle September 1951, and gave my heart to God, I never fully realized how it would effect and change my life. I was a Sophomore in High School at the time and the idea of searching for the meaning of life had not even entered my mind. It was definitely not a priority.
But, as I sat under the teaching of my Pastor, I soon became aware that I was responsible for the choices that I make, and my choices could change the DIRECTION of my pathway in life. The decision that I made that Fall day started me on a journey to SEEK TRUTH. That search has not ended. It is still going on today.

As a teenager, when I first began to study the Word, I began to realize that there are spiritual principles and lessons to be learned to live a Christian life. I studied the Bible all through High School and upon graduation traveled to Missouri to assist my grandparents in church ministry. We preached revivals in churches and in the open and brush arbors, such as you see in the pictures. It was a wonderful experience for me because I got to see the results when the Gospel was preached in the power of the Spirit.

Messages such as "Come unto Me, all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." touched the hearts of sinners and they repented and accepted the Lord as their Savior.

Over the years, I have seen changes in the Churches. Not so much emphasis on outer appearance but more attention to the inner man. More witnessing about Jesus love, our love toward each other and more emphasis to meet the needs of others.... and that is good.

I too have changed. I am not so concerned about what others think I should do, to be classified a "Christian", and I do not purposely offend them. But I am more concerned about what the Bible says I should do to follow Christ. I desire to love my Lord God with all my heart, soul and mind and to love my neighbor as I should.


GOD IS SO GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Sharon, but I'm not sure which aunt's story you're sharing. The photos are a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete