My Sis and I

My Sis and I
Summer on Alpena Street
One of my favorite sayings from the show Emily Owens, MD

"We make all these plans of how things will turn out; but life happens, plans change, so we adapt. We draw on strength we didn't know we had; we give up any illusions of control, and we deal head on with problems that come our way."




Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fighting


Being up north at the lake cabin has always been a relaxing time for me.  This is my get-away place. I bring my study materials, notebooks, pens, computer and iPad to get alone with God and nature.  It's a time for me to reflect on my spiritual life, to take inventory of my growth or lack thereof, to pray and hear from God, to ask questions, journal and then move forward either with a giant step or little steps.

On my third day, it was time to put everything down and take some giant steps.  A giant step in prayer and intercession again.

Today, my husband called me to talk about Kelly, my oldest daughter.  She has been experiencing panic attacks since her move into a new apartment with her 19-month-old daughter Analiese.  The past two years for Kelly has been loaded with stress.  A single mom, now living alone for the first time since her move there in 2012.  She's always lived with people - a family or a girlfriend, but not by herself.

Each difficult stage, she has moved forward, learned some lessons about herself and others, and deepened her faith in God.  I moved forward as well in prayer, trusting God with my daughter, believing He alone can bring her through.  My faith deepened as well.

I believe she will move forward again and defeat this fear and anxiety as well.  The lessons learned will never be taken away from her.  She will learn that we have an enemy who wants to destroy our lives and will use our weaknesses against us.  She will learn that in this anxiety and fear, there is someone greater who can help her overcome - that the enemy will never triumph when God is on our side.  She will learn not to fear "man" and that God has her future in His hands.  There is hope.  God has a plan that will never be thwarted......ever.

So, I have been praying for her and speaking scripture over her as if she is standing right in front of me. The enemy will not win.  He hasn't won these past two and half years since her move to Colorado and becoming a single mom, and he won't now.

Just this afternoon, I sent a pray to her phone and a scripture to encourage her.

Psalm 94:19 "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations, Your comfort delights and cheers my soul."

I reminded Kelly that God's Word has power, so speak it out loud, speak it in your car, your apartment, at work, everywhere you go - get it out in the atmosphere, surrounding you, covering you.

When I had my panic attacks 18 years ago, it was the Word of God and soothing worship music that brought healing to my soul.  They have never returned.

Faith conquers fear every time.

My belief is that Kelly will become even stronger.  She will learn to express her thoughts, not internalize them, her trust in God will further deepen, her fighting spirit will rise up and say, "enough of this enemy, you will not triumph here."

My daughter has a warrior spirit.  She's fought before and won and she will fight again and win.

As Isaiah 54:13a says: "No weapon fashioned against us will succeed"........

Psalm 32:7 also says this: "You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

The enemy has no say so in my daughter's life, nor does he have any say so in yours, if you are a Christ follower.


God will contend with our enemy.  God will fight for us.  God is on our side.

This is what I believe for my daughter.  I will never back down.

The fight is on and Kelly will survive and thrive.

What about you?  What battle are you fighting?  Use the Word of God.  It is alive and powerful and will defeat fear, anxiety, and give you confidence in your battle.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for God's protection over the home where Kelly and Analiese live. You are so right about the power of speaking and reading the Word out loud. The enemy hates that and he cannot have power when those words fill the atmosphere. The Psalms always bring me comfort in stressful situations. She can also pray Psalm 91 over her home. Analiese might even be ready to memorize tiny phrases of Scripture...thanks for this share...like you wrote, "Faith conquers fear every time!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are times we have to battle and war for our family/children/grandchildren. I have and continue to go to prayer; put on the armor of God; I put on the helmet of salvation, the shield of faith, the breastplate of righteousness , the belt of truth and have my feet prepared with the Gospel of Christ and I go head to head with the enemy. "you want a fight satan, well bring it on cause I am armed, Greater is He that is in me than he that is in this world and no weapon formed against me and my household will prosper. We have been purchased with the blood of Jesus, we are the redeemed of the almighty God and we belong to Him. You have NO authority here, you will Not have my husband, you will Not have my daughter, you will Not have my son....we belong to Jesus....so back off in Jesus Name. Then I feel the peace of God that rushes over me and I know my part is done....He has arrived on the scene and He will complete and finish this. God's plans are still going full steam ahead. So in these times; we link arms, we get on our knees, lay our heads in His lap and we trust Him. Our testimony will be Look at what God has done, Look what my redeemer has done for me and Great is His faithfulness. And we will be victorious, He will get the glory and we will have become stronger, wiser and more equipped for the end days. And our children will see; this is how we press into God and this is how we Never, ever give up. We put our Hope in Him and nothing else and we wait; we wait on God. We will keep praying. I love you my sister and we will victory dance together one day here soon :-). Pandora

    ReplyDelete